29 December 2008

...and Hagia on her blanket and I with a nightcap...

...collapsed on the chesterfield,
for a long winter's nap...

No, sorry. No Daring Baker contribution from me this month...eight fruitcakes and 20 dozen cookies have pretty much rendered me exhausted for any more Christmassy baking.

Still recovering from three hours of gluttony on Christmas Day and the almost annual Boxing Day turkey pot pie making extravaganza.

Will be back in the New Year. Until then, please keep safe and have a lovely, festive, soused, tea-totalling, quiet and joyous New Year.

cheers!
jasmine




AddThis Social Bookmark Button

10 comments:

K and S said...

Happy Holidays, Jasmine, look forward to reading your posts in 2009 :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy holiday and a new year filled with wonderful things.

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

I can understand that exhausted Christmas feeling. Your kitty is gorgeous - what a beautiful smokey fur coat she has.

breadchick said...

Jasmine,

A wonderful and joyous New Year to you and Hagia. Looking forward to a new year of baking and chatting with you.

Cheers,
Mary

NKP said...

I bowed out this month too...
Hagia looks like she had a very relaxing Christmas,
Have a wonderful New Year.

Joy said...

Happy New Year Jasmine. I wish you great happiness for 2009. I love your cat by the way.

giz said...

I so hear you and was wondering where all this exhaustion is coming from. No Daring Bakers for me this month either - it somehow just couldn't fit into all the insanity.

glamah16 said...

Happy New Year Jasmine. Hope your holidays went well. All the best in 2009.

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy 2009!

Anonymous said...

I,too, am exhausted. 12 fruitcakes, and I was traveling so much that *gasp* no cookies this year!