Last month I wrote about the challenge of addressing my biases when writing Kitchener 1916 Project posts.
This month the challenge is what I call “source bias.” I’m reading two English-language dailies for the Kitchener 1916 Project—The Berlin News-Record and The Berlin Daily Telegraph—therein, it’s easy to argue that by not including local German news sources, my basic research is skewed (regrettably, it is what it is: I don’t read German and I can’t afford to hire a translator to review one year’s worth of news).
Click here to read more
February 2016 Posts & Recipes:
- 25 Feb–02 March1916: By consent of the governed/ Recipe: Cream Cake Muffins
- 03-09 March 1916: Exeunt the Tapperts/ Recipe: Aubergine Fritters/Eggplant Fritters
- 10-16 March 1916: Dashing through the snow/Recipe: Queen Apple Pie
- 17-23 March 1916: 700 Men in three weeks!/Recipe: Creamed Carrots
- 24-30 March 1916: Men, men and more men!/Recipe: Braised Roast Pork
I'm a quill for hire!