15 November 2006

See this jar?

In it is a magical elixir that revives the dead.

Well...not quite...but close enough.

I've been felled by a horrid chest cold. One that made me sleep for at least 12 hours a day and pretty darned-near-useless for another nine. You can't do much with only three good hours a day. Those of you who've received messages from me are probably giggling at what I'm claiming to be communications. Those of you who've spoken to me are still looking for verification that that voice was mine. I made the mistake of heading into work yesterday, thinking I could handle it...I couldn't I came home after three hours...and slept for three-and-a-half.

I started taking this brew yesterday...and my word...I was able to stay mostly lucid for six hours (yesterday) and 10 (today). Needless to say, I'll be back at my desk tomorrow.

What's in the jar?

Family secret.

Why didn't I make it earlier?

A mucus-swathed brain.

cough
jasmine

add this page to del.icio.us

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Now, wait a minute, I don't think family secret will cut it here. Share nice.

Anonymous said...

Hope your magical elixer keeps working and you're back on your feet soon!

Sara said...

Awww, drinks lots and feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

My dad's trick was always a shot of Jameson Irish Whiskey in a mugful of hot, black tea, topped off with a giant spoonful of honey. Puts you to sleep, and smooths out the throat.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're finally feeling better.

Kathy said...

Elderberry syrup, by any chance? If not, share please!

Anonymous said...

c'mon, jasmine, you know nobody here would tell! LOL. then again, it wouldn't be a family secret if the cat was out of the bag, right?

hope things [literally] clear up soon for you. de la bonne santé wished your way.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better and better. You got everybody curious about your secret potion!

Anonymous said...

Alot of these "cures" remind me of the ponce, a supposedly "Quebec" hot water potion of sorts with a splash of whiskey a bit of lemon and liquid honey. Hummm.... sounds so similar to many other international concoctions!

Anonymous said...

Oh!

My sweet little thing ... I hope you feel much better!

Alice Q. Foodie said...

That sounds like pneumonia dearie - take care and get better!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better....I too could use some of that magic juice.

jasmine said...

My oh my!

Thank you all for your kind words.

Alas, the potion's ingredients will remain a mystery, else I suffer the wrath of She-whose-height-diminishes-daily.

Sorry. She may be little and cute, but she's a vengeful little person!

j