17 March 2008

Milk Calendar Mondays: One-Pot Tomato Parmesan Rotini

Workasaurus has been wreaking havoc overtime, travelling up and down the 401, visiting Ivonne and me, crashing on our chesterfields and begging rides to and from our offices.

I don't know about our Dear Little Puff of Cream , but whenever the Worky shows up over here, it seems as if its rather presumptuous cousin, Deadlineadactyl also arrives in tow, shrieking out calendaric countdowns, sometimes skipping a date or three. Yeah, they are both favourites right now, and the prime reasons for me neglecting all my bloggy friends.

To say the least, right now bulk cooking and reheating home-made frozen goodies is how I'm keeping myself going...well, that and lots of coffee...lots of Tim Horton coffee (and before the Canadians ask, I've only one ONE coffee out of about 20-30 cups...meh).

Anyway, this weekend I decided to venture into the March Milk Calendar recipe for One-Pot Tomato Parmesan Rotini. Given how...um...not good the February travesty was, I was apprehensive as to whether I could stomach this one.

It's easy and quick (I made up about five-ish servings in about 30 minutes). Yes, I'd like it to be zippier--substitute the parm with asiago, perhaps tinned tomatoes with roasted tomatoes as well, but on the whole, this milk-cooked pasta with chunks of broccoli isn't too bad--better than cafeteria food. I think if I make it again, I'd really want to put in some good chunks of bacon...pretty much everything is improved with bacon.


cheers!
jasmine

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 comments:

glamah16 said...

Glad this one worked out. Work has been a beast lately for me but I'm grateful to be busy. Its when I'm not I start to get miserable.Weird.

K and S said...

hear hear! bacon is definitely the remedy to any recipe :) hang in there, the weekend is almost here!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Nice to know that when life gets in the way, the freezer comes through with food that, if not rock-your-world gourmet, is delicious and healthy and made in your own kitchen.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Tis amazing what bacon can do!
Take care with that Deadlineadactyl!!

Brilynn said...

The workosaurus has struck here too... so has the 'not-winning-o-saurus' from the tim horton's cups...
And clearly, bacon would make this infinitely better.

Annemarie said...

Sorry to hear you're still snowed under well and good - I'm impressed that you can keep up with your blog, though, since I admit I run away in panic from any and everything when it all gets too much. Hope you emerge into the light again soon.

Madam Chow said...

My husband would agree with you - everything does, indeed, improve with bacon. Or, in the words of Emeril Lagasse, "pork fat rules!"

creampuff said...

I thought these damn dinos were supposed to be extinct! What's up with them getting in our way and messing up our plans???

Well I'm glad you managed to wrestle yours into submission long enough to make this dish! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind, I tagged you for a meme, maybe you can feed it to the dinosaurs!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hey there busy bee: Your dish looks delicious. Good to know it doesn't take long to prepare.

Paz

Jenny said...

I thought that was you we passed on the 401 recently! Next time I will be sure to wave, just in case!

jasmine said...

Hello all

Thanks for your comments. Thus far the calendar has a hit, a miss and an okay...

j