19 April 2008

Taste of Yellow: Sweetcorn pudding

Last year 149 bloggers came together for Barbara of Winos and Foodies' Taste of Yellow in support of LiveSTRONG Day and The Lance Armstrong Foundation's awareness event for cancer issues and cancer survivors.

When she announced Taste of Yellow 2008 I knew I wanted to participate, but wasn't sure if my schedule would alow it. During the past week, when I caught up with my backlog of blog reading, I saw so many wonderful posts like Bron's, Annemarie's, Paz's and Ivonne's, I knew I had to carve some time out for it.

Most of us know someone who was afflicted by it or know someone cared for a sufferer. Some of us have had our own scares--as some of you know, I've had two breast cancer scares in ten years--I'm fine, but they were life-defining moments.

My contribution to this year's event is a favourite side dish that I usually make with ribs or pork chops, Nigella Lawson's Sweetcorn Pudding. It's tasty and easy and wonderful to eat on its own, especially after a very long day...


cheers!
jasmine

Related: Taste of Yellow: Cornish Saffron Cake and Happiness Soup


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

6 comments:

glamah16 said...

And may I say yummy!All of us will or have been touched with this disease in one way or another. All we can do is be more aware of our enviorment, ourselves and what we consume, and just take it day by day.
BTW,really enjoyed Toronto and I will be back soon. Most likely for the Carabana(?) event. We have some events scheduled around it.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Oh yes I can be happy with just a sweet corn pudding Jasmine! My mom had several of those scares and they are life-defining moments even when things are fine in the end.

Bron said...

I've never had sweetcorn pudding but I can't see what's not to love, eggs, corn, cream... mmm mmm

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you were able to make some time to participate. Your sweetcorn pudding looks and sounds so good.

Best,
Paz xxoo

Unknown said...

Sweetcorn pudding is new to me Jasmine but I know I would love it. Thanks for supporting LiveSTRONG With A Taste Of Yellow.

jasmine said...

Hello all

I found it in Nigella Bites and have made it many, many times. Absolutely love it.


j