22 April 2007

I bought a packet of biscuits...

...and they gave me this beautiful pair of shoes, which are magically in my size!

Well, that's what I'm telling people anyway. As part of their opening week enticement, a new shoe shop gave away a packet of biscuits with every purchase. I also got a gorgeous pair of black boots.

Anyway, apologies for my short absence. I thought it would only be a day or two...If you've been reading me for the past few months, you know that I've been having computer problems. Well...basically as soon as I got my last assignment off to my prof, my laptop decided that it really didn't want to connect to the Internet anymore. I packed Zippy off and TFE poked and prodded it and then decided to wipe it clean and start fresh.

Zippy came home on Wednesday or Thursday. It was scary how much mail built up in those few days--20 minutes of download time...on highspeed...I'd hate to think how long it would take to do that on my dial-up connexion. I've been slowly restoring my files (if you haven't purchased Norton 360 yet, you should look into it--very nice), debating whether or not I really need this or that...a bit soul-searching in its own way.

I will say this...being without a home Internet connection was like a little vacation. I didn't feel the urge to check my email, new sites and whatnots--yes, I missed dropping in on your blogs and emailing you--but it was nice being partially incommunicado. I didn't do a lot of exciting cooking, but I did give the kitchen a good clean (quite therapeutic) and did some fun reading--a contrast from what my professors assigned :) I'm even in the beginning stages of planning a 2008 European vacation :)

cheers!
jasmine

add this page to del.icio.us

9 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

My goodness what we girls won't do for a pair of shoes and boots, Oh, I mean biscuits...

K and S said...

Glad to see you are back!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, cute shoes! I can understand how being incommunicado would be so pleasant - one of these days I'm going to take myself off for holiday somewhere with no internet, computer and mobile so that I can just relax and enjoy my surrounds!

Anonymous said...

Shoes AND biscuits ... it sounds like heaven!!!

Hope you enjoyed the mini break.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from the land of the lost, you've been missed!

The Overworked Barista said...

biscuits...for shoes? What an unusual pairing, but I guess they go hand in hand.

From what I can tell both involve pinching and cutting...and sometimes butter.

Elizabeth said...

Hey, cool!! I could really use a packet of biscuits that comes with a free pair of shoes. (I hope the free shoes come in narrow sizes!)

-Elizabeth

Peabody said...

Loving me those shoes!

jasmine said...

Hello all

Thanks for the welcome back. The shoes are quite the hit...still haven't opened up the biscuits...perhaps this weekend :)

j