20 March 2007

Bits and bites

Yes, my busy bees are back--any and every excuse to bring them back...

Beanie updated you a bit as to what's going on over here on my side of the screen--he can be such a good boy sometimes.

Well, until I can get a "real" post up, here are a few things for you think about

Dorie Greenspan has a blog! Okay, I'm probably the last person in foodbloggerdom to know this. It's not totally food related, so it gives you an idea as to what she's been up to. If you're not sure who she is or why I'm happy to have found her blog, here's my review of her latest tome.

SHF #29: Raw chocolate approacheth...Emily of Chocolate in Context is hosting this month and she's picked a great theme: unrefined chocolate. Not sure what that's all about? Read her post to find out. Participation deadline is 26 March.

I need to live vicariously through someone...but not just anyone. No, the person I'll live vicariously through is someone who will take a cooking course in Italy with Faye of Fayefood the week of 21-28 April. She emailed me today about an open spot for a couple of people interested in a week of cooking, eating and sightseeing in Cortona, Deruta and Assisi...yes ITALY. She had last-minute cancellations and is looking for people who may be interested in attending. Classes will take place at the local bakery, an olive oil tasting, dinner at Villa La Macchia, the home of the Scarpaccini family, and four Italian cooking classes by Faye, great tour guides, and of course a whole lot of fun. The regular price is 1050 euro pp (excluding airfare and transport), but she's offering a 25 per cent discount. If you or someone you know may be interested, email her at fayehess at earthlink dot net (you know what to do). Quite honestly, if I weren't so up-to-my-eyeballs, I'd probably see if I could swing it myself...but I can't...if someone reading this ends up going, please let me know and let me know how it goes.

Okay...that's it....I need to write an essay...well...research an essay...think about researching an essay...eat some chocolate cake...that's it...eat some chocolate cake...

cheers!
jasmine


add this page to del.icio.us

8 comments:

christine said...

I was just as excited as you when I found her blog. How wonderful is it that someone of her caliber/status is so 'reachable'. I love that woman. She even blog hops sometimes. :)

K and S said...

those bees are the cutest!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Holy Batman...Italy and 25% off...gad, just no way in this schedule...what an opportunity...yes chocolate cake...I'm with you on that.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate is great before diving into something stressful.

Personally I take mine in the form of Creme de Cacau with a splash of strong coffee in it, but that's just me

Peabody said...

Yes, you might be the last person to know she has a blog :) ...well at least in the food blog community.

Anonymous said...

It's pretty awesome that Dorie has a blog no? She's one of my favorite cookbook authors and I just love being able to see what's up with her. :)

Adorable cupcakes, I want one!

Ari (Baking and Books)

Pille said...

Those busy bee cupcakes are so cute!! I want some:)
And no, I didn't know about Dorie's blog either, as I'm too busy reading other wonderful foodblogs. Will check it out soon though..

Truffle said...

Lovely cupcakes. They're just gorgeous!