09 June 2006

Feast: Bloggy Lunch

Lately I've been spending a lot of time in Toronto. Sometimes it's for play and sometimes it's not. My trips are usually busy--go here, do this, see that, grab a bite, do that, find this and go home.

In one of my more recent trips to the big smoke I was lucky enough to connect with the most darling Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice. Originally, Tania from The Candied Quince was to join us, but her sister had a little mishap (she is recovering in fine style, as is evident in this post), so she had to send her regrets.

After reading each other's blogs for months, and corresponding in email, I knew she was sweet and funny. Meeting her in person, I can faithfully let you know that she is also vivacious and her cheeriness is quite infectious.

We talked and talked, shared theories and bounced ideas off of one another. It was so much fun. I can't speak for her, but for me it was like getting together with a dear old friend I rarely get to see. The only problem was that our visit ended far too soon...goshdarnit.

We lunched at Yorkville's Cafe Nervosa and both partook in absolutely wonderful pastas--she had a spinach and cheese-stuffed ravioli in a wonderful tomato sauce while I had a tasty linguini with seared tuna and sundried tomatoes in a basil pesto. Where are the pictures? I forgot to take them! We got so engrossed in conversation, I forgot to take the camera out of my bag. The only piccie I have is the lovely lemon tart I had for afters (she had an espresso). It was sweet and lemony--perfect for a hot day.

When we parted, she walked me to a chocolatrie the very kind person at The Cookbook Store *strongly suggested* I visit. It's quite embarrasing to admit this, but I had no idea that such a treasure as Simone Marie existed in my favourite Toronto wandering spot.

The staff was so fantastic (and patient)--I could have easily bought everything in their beautiful case--but I'm sure Mr. MasterCard would have had issues with that. I restrained myself and bought just a few treats for myself and others. Oh my...these chocolates were so good...I'm hoping to get there during my next trip...which is tomorrow...

cheers!
jasmine

4 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds like great fun. I would love to have lunch with both of you!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww ...

now I'm all teary eyed and silly!

Thanks, Jasmine! Meeting you was an incredible treat and pleasure. You're warm and bright and as I said many times, I wanted to take you back to work with me!

K and S said...

what a great lunch! good food and good conversations!

jasmine said...

Hi Kalyn! Isn't it funny how our paths keep crossing this week? If you ever get up to the Toronto area, let me know...will drive out to meet you :)

Ivonne: I loved having lunch with you. As I've told you before, I think you're a long lost sister of mine :)

Kat: I really like how I'm able to meet a few bloggers face-to-face now. I have few more on my list (are you reading this RS and Sam???).

j